Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Flapjacks and family style eating

I have been adventuring through the food world of DC, New York, and New Jersey. I have had some amazing and terrible waiters. All I am going to say is Mitsuwa (NJ Japanese market) is terrible about being informed on food information. I kindly asked the cashier the ingredients in gyoza, her bothered response, was that there was pork and carrots in the dumpling. Oh gee thanks, what a failure. Clearly there is more to gyoza, then pork and carrots. However, to be honest, it was nice to play dumb and eat. I have been playing dumb a lot this week about food. Ignorance is bliss….. or at least till you get stomach pain.

This weekend, I tried to make German apple pancakes, horrendous. I got the recipe from Gourmet. All I can say is, Germany, you can keep your stupid pancakes. Last night, I went out with friends and family, and it was served family style. Mildly depressing, since I was clearly not apart of the family food sharing. So I was able to share one item with everyone, but otherwise I ended up with my “special” plate. Oh woe, is me.

DC was fun, I have found that one of my many great strengths in life is absurd anxiety. For example I drove off the NJ turnpike, because I was sure I was no longer in NJ, and that I was possibly in Wisconsin. Needless to say, I was in NJ….

So I am going through a relationship nightmare, and because of it, I am not as hungry and I am trying to find food that will somehow help the situation. However, due to my anxiety from the aforementioned relationship, nothing settles well in my stomach and I feel sick from everything. The whole relationship conundrum is very stupid in my opinion as well.

My commute has evolved from taking the Lincoln Tunnel, to the ferry, and finally I am going to start taking the George Washington bridge. Yes, I know, the excitement is just tangible. The benefit of the GW bridge is a $6 a day expense, from a $12. Yay! I am becoming a smarter commuter.

It’s a bit funny writing this blog, since the only people that supposedly read are people that I have forced to follow me, and now I am possibly just writing to no one…. Oh well, maybe Mr. No One loves my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment