Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Boston and Sloppy Joes

This past weekend, I went to Boston. I went down for Rosh Hashanah, with my friends the Tobins. The weather was perfect, the people were perfect, and the food was perfect. I truly had the best weekend I have had in a very in long time. I was suddenly my old self again. I could enjoy the weather and forget about my stresses, and just look around and be happy to be me. I missed my old self. While I was in Boston, I did the unthinkable and I ate everything. Forget gluten, I wanted to eat food the way it was meant to be eaten. Then on Sunday I went to my favorite restaurant in Boston, Craigie on Main, and they treated me like a princess. The food was just perfect.

Last night I made sloppy joes, which is such a nice comfort food. The recipe is:

Sloppy Joes
1 lb of ground beef
1 chopped onion
¾ c. of ketchup
1 tbl. apple cider vinegar
1 tbl. Brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Just mix it all up and let it simmer, and then serve with chips and cheese.

I made this while catching up on all of my favorite shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment