Monday, August 24, 2009

Halibut and butter

Well, I have come to realize that anything is made delicious with butter and a touch of salt. Maybe if you met a person with a bad day you could just lather them up with butter then throw some salt on them for good measure. It might not ease their burdens, but it would add a touch of humor to their life. Today I could have used this very humor. I woke up in a terrible mood, broke my glasses, had great anxiety, and somehow managed to get out the door to catch my bus. Needless to say, had I lathered myself in butter and a touch of salt, my morning might have gone a bit different. Luckily, while on the bus people could tell by my very dark glasses, that I was a girl who might need space.

But onto food, something a hint more interesting. I am a good chicken cooker and a good pork tenderloin cooker, but I am trying to branch out. Sunday I made pork loin(I feel like this is like the big papa pork tenderloin, but that might be an awkward name for a loin). It might have had a pulse, the benefit of rare meat is that you can eat the part that is perfect that day and then the parts that were a little more pink/pulsing you can just fry up to perfection for lunch the next day. But back to the fish, I am trying to cook it as often as possible. Whenever I cook fish I feel light afterwards, and you can honestly just cook it in lemon, garlic, and butter with a touch of salt(of course!) and it will always taste pretty good. At least with white fish this rule applies anyways.

This post wasn't much about fish, but c'est la vie. Tomorrow I will try to make grilled sausage, and try to figure out just how long it really takes to cook 'em.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with the benefits of slathering people in butter and a dash of salt. I've never been a fan of the super sweet - bring on the NaCl!!

    ReplyDelete